When you use our website www.vigiwatches.com, personal data may be collected and processed. This document explains what VIGI® does with this information and what rights you have over this information.
VIGI® is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of its customers, visitors and business partners. The data that is collected and processed is secured.
VIGI® is open and transparent about the way in which information is collected and processed.
If you have any questions about the content of this document, please take it Contact us
Acting under the name / names:
The Larch Forest 21, 7325AR APELDOORN
Availability via online chat:
Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Chamber of Commerce number:
Which personal data are used and for what?
When you visit the website of VIGI® uses, you share certain information with us or leave certain information. This is the case, for example, when you place an order, when you subscribe to a newsletter or when you indicate that you want to receive information about watches or accessories from VIGI®.
The personal data that we may collect and process from our website are:
- your name, date of birth, gender, e-mail and (invoice and delivery) address of persons;
- company name, Chamber of Commerce registration number and VAT number (if applicable);
- payment information;
- your (mobile) telephone number;
- which product (s) you have ordered;
- your correspondence with VIGI®, as applicable;
- behavioral data (online activities, internet usage and the duration of your session); and
- IP addresses and timestamps.
We can use this personal data for the following purposes:
- to properly execute and process placed orders;
- to assess and hire our business partners;
- to analyze and / or improve the quality and quantity of information about our products, (customer) services and websites;
- to better coordinate our correspondence (among other things) about deliveries and refunds;
- to send information, offers and promotions based on your interests and click and surfing behavior;
- to answer questions asked via the website, for example;
- to provide news and information about VIGI®, new products and services;
- to give the customer a personal account on our website;
- to allow you to connect to our social media accounts;
- for research into the satisfaction level of customers, business partners or others;
- for internal analysis for (customer) research purposes and
- to create a profile of your interests and preferences, possibly supplemented with information about you from external sources, so that we can tailor our communications in a timely manner and relevant to you, and
- to prevent and detect fraud, abuse and misuse and to comply with court orders, government requests or applicable law.
How long are data kept?
Your personal data will be stored and processed by us if we think this is necessary for the purposes for which we collected that personal data. However, we will not store your personal data for longer than five years, unless applicable law requires otherwise, with the exception of (anonymous) information with regard to statistical purposes. A fiscal statutory retention period of 7 years applies to payment data.
Are your data shared with third parties?
VIGI® does not sell your data to third parties. VIGI® may share your personal data with business partners who, on our behalf, carry out all processes that are necessary for our business operations. These business partners include:
- companies that focus on marketing and promotion of our products,
- companies that assess the financial position of our customers,
- companies that check address data,
- companies that take care of the distribution process for us,
- companies that take over the financial payments for us, and
- companies that conduct internal research into optimal business operations.
In this collaboration, the same standards for security and confidentiality of your data will be applied as those VIGI® complies with.
What is Automated Decision Making?
Automated decision-making means that automatic algorithms are used to decide whether an individual is eligible for certain services or offers, should pay a certain price, or is likely to be interested in certain types of goods or services. If VIGI® uses automated decision-making, it will first request permission from you.
How does VIGI® deal with customers under the age of 16?
Users of the website under the age of 16 must have parental consent to provide personal information on the website. We cannot check whether a visitor is older than 16 years.
How do we deal with IP addresses and cookies?
If you visit the website of VIGI® opens that we use the IP address of your device (computer, tablet, phone, etc). This IP address is a unique number that is automatically assigned to your device during a browsing session. This IP address of your device can be used to see how the website is used and for analysis to optimize usage.
What are cookies?
How can I delete or disable cookies?
You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser. Disabling cookies may result in our website no longer working optimally. The method to disable cookies differs per browser. If you search through the search engine for “browser name” “disable cookies”, you will find the instruction.
Which cookies does VIGI® use?
1) Functional cookies, necessary for the website to work properly
This category of cookies is necessary for the website to function properly. You do not have to give permission for the use of these cookies.
Functional cookies are used for:
- Remembering products that you add to your shopping cart while shopping online.
- Remembering information that you enter on the different pages during checkout or ordering, so that you do not have to enter all your details again
- Passing on information from one page to the next page, for example if you have to enter a lot of information when ordering online
- Saving preferences, such as the language, location, the desired number of search results to be displayed, etc.
- Reading your browser settings in order to optimally display our website on your screen
- Offering the option to save login details, so that you do not have to enter them every time
- Being able to determine which version of the website you will see
2) Analytical cookies, to measure the use of the website
These cookies are necessary to tailor our website to the wishes of our users as well as possible and to determine how our visitors use our website. Statistics are made of the information we collect in this way. These statistics give us insight into how often our web page is visited, where exactly visitors spend the most time, and so on. This enables us to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible.
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to the website and our web pages
- Keeping track of the amount of time each visitor spends on our web pages
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the pages
- Assessing which parts of our site need adjustment
- Optimizing the website
3) Marketing (advertising) cookies, for showing relevant advertisements
The cookies make it possible that:
- It is possible to keep track of which advertisements you have already seen to prevent you from seeing the same ones over and over again
- It can be tracked how many visitors click on the advertisement for settlement with the party from which the advertising space is purchased
- It is possible to keep track of how many orders are placed through the advertisement for settlement with the party from which the advertising space is purchased
4) Profiling cookies or 'interest cookies', to provide relevant contact and offer
Profiling cookies or 'interest cookies' help us to create a profile of you based on your data and surfing behavior. With such a profile we try to make the contact with you and the visit to the website as relevant as possible. For example, we remember which products you view the most in our webshop. And we ensure that you can easily find these products on your next visit. If you are already a customer of ours, we will combine this information with the information we already have about you. Of course only if you have clearly given permission for this.
We can also use profiling cookies to recognize you and, for example, to make you a personal offer. We do this by email. With your permission, we can, for example, see which products you currently have and tailor a personal offer for something new. We use the profiles we create of you with profiling cookies not only for commercial activities, but also to make our service better suited to your needs.
What are your privacy rights? Revoke, grant access, correct and delete.
VIGI® customers have different rights when it comes to the use of their personal data. For example, you can request us to view the data that we use about you. You can also ask us to adjust data. You can also ask us to delete your personal data from our systems or to restrict the use of your data. You can also object to the use of your data. And you can withdraw previously given consent for the use of your data. If you want to withdraw, view, correct or delete your data, you can send a request to email@example.com or view one of these web pages.
How do we protect and manage your personal data?
VIGI® considers privacy and the protection of personal data very important. Technical and organizational measures prevent unauthorized access to your personal data. We use various security measures such as encryption for account passwords and authentication tools. In addition, VIGI® guards against loss, mutilation or any other form of unlawful use of your data. We store your personal data on secure networks and limit accessibility to a few persons with special access rights. VIGI® ensures that the transport and storage of your personal data is done safely and carefully.
How does VIGI® deal with a so-called data breach?
Nevertheless, something can unexpectedly go wrong with the protection of your personal data. There may be a so-called data breach. If necessary, VIGI® reports such a data breach to the supervisory authority: the Dutch Data Protection Authority (AP). If this data breach has serious consequences for your privacy, we will inform you as soon as possible. We will disclose what the data breach entails, what the possible consequences are and what VIGI® and yourself can do to minimize any damage. If you discover a suspected data breach, report it to us. You can reach us at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org